So, I've installed Marklogic for what feels like the hundredth time and I still forget to turn on CPF after I do so. So, to get content into one's database, you need to turn on CPF. Really. Here are the steps I follow to install Marklogic.
- Download Marklogic latest
- Install Alien on Ubuntu and run
sudo alien Marklogic...rpm
dpkg -i marklogic...dpkg
- Run and install license key by going to http://localhost:8001
- Install [ml-admin[(http://icslib/artifacts/content_media/marklogic-extensions/) file latest from the maven repository - unzip into Docs/deployment and then navigate to ML bootstrap
- Set up the file system deployment at port 9430. Set the security to application-level and set to the correct user. Set up rewrite script.
- Turn on CPF for the creation database.
- Install maven2.
- Run mvn-all.sh
Some other instructions can be found here